Do you have a dream to succeed in your home based business? You can realise your dream if you avoid the enemies of success on the way. As Henry David Thoreau said “men are born to succeed, not fail” and that includes you.
So the enemies of success to avoid include:
1. Self limitation
Self-limiting beliefs and habits can keep you from living up to your full potential and from succeeding in business. Many times people make self- limiting statements because of fear of failure. Do not allow fear to rob you of your dream. If others made it you can also. As my father would say, those gurus you see and admire do not have two heads. So, start seeing yourself as a success, keep saying it and soon you will be one.
This is not an excuse for failure. There is so much information available for one to succeed in home based business. Search the internet, attend seminars, read books, etc and update yourself. You need to be aware of new trends in your niche. What was excellent before may not be good this time.
Many people have great ideas and plans on how to prosper their business but they are yet to execute them. Delaying to do what MUST be done is simply delaying your success. Get organised and manage your time properly. Allow your desire for success to overcome your desire to put things off. By all means, do not let procrastination waste your time and ultimately kill your dream.
Do you have a blog with few or no readers? Are your blog posts without comments? Posting rich content regularly and not having people coming to read them can be very discouraging. The beauty of having a working blog is expressed in its ability to draw active readers and comments. Now, you can smile because below are simple but effective blogging tips on how to increase your blog readers and comments.
1. Find a loyal reader and commenter
Find someone who believes in you and would want to support you in your blogging. This can be a friend or a relative. Comments from this person will draw visitors to read your post and will encourage them to also leave comments. When I started, I got my sister to read and leave comments on my blog posts.
2. Find blog buddies
You are not the only one in need of more blog readers and comments. Search for these bloggers and connect with them. Offer to exchange favours, that if they would subscribe to your blog and leave comments on each posts, you would do likewise on their blogs. Comments leave good impression about your blog on any of your blog visitors and they will pause to read through the post. Some will subscribe for updates afterwards; this will increase your blog readers.
3. Participate in blog comments
Leave quality comments on other bloggers’ posts, especially larger blogs. This is one of the ways to market your blog. Some readers of these blogs will read your comment and visit your blog to read your blog posts. Some will leave comments.
Do you have a blog with rich content but no or small number of readers? Having a blog with no one reading it can be very discouraging and disheartening. It is not enough to have a beautiful, well written blog; there is need for you to market it to attract readers and ultimately buyers if you have stuff to sell on your blog. If you need a change today, I present to you 10 simple but effective ways to market your blog.
In-house blog marketing
1. Enable SEO: SEO helps you to bring in real visitors from search engines. Make it possible for search engines to find your blog.
2. Update your content: Create rich contents frequently, 2-5 times a week. Posting quality information regularly will market your blog to new readers. Also, your readers and visitors will know how often to check your blog for a new post. If you your blog is not updated regularly you will lose your readers. Nobody wants to read a blog that is not updated
3. Interact with your commenter: Respond to the comments on your blog as much as possible. No one wants to have a conversation alone, let them know you appreciate them; otherwise you may not be getting many more. Also follow up some posters with emails, connect with them and build a relationship that will benefit you now or in future. Read also 7 basic blogging tips you cannot afford to ignore if you want to promote your blog post
Outside blog marketing
4. Article marketing: Write article and submit to article directories like Ezinearticles, Articlebase, etc, and link back to your blog on the bio profile. Your article might be picked from there and that will be additional exposure for you.
There is no successful small business without a plan on ground. Your business plan determines the scope of work you have to deal with; prepares you for what lies ahead and helps you to avoid waste of time, energy and resources. Below are business tips on how to make a workable plan for your business.
You need to have a clear picture of what you have in your mind. It should be well understood by you and any other person you may share it with.
What is the motive behind your idea? Do you have a passion for owning a business, particularly this business idea? Your driving force determines the enthusiasm and speed with which you work your small business and how far you can go with it.
Take the long view and do long-term planning. Map out where you want to be five years from now and a business plan on how to get there. Think of your plan as a living document and review it regularly to make sure you are on track or to adjust it to market changes.
Do a thorough research on what is obtainable in your small business market, including products, prices, promotions, advertising, distribution, quality, service, and be aware of the outside influences like location, that affect your business.