Hi. Sometime ago, I came across a great blog post from Mavis Nong (www.attractionmarketingonline.com) and I think it is important to share it with you if you want to market your blog and increase your blog ranking. So in her own words I give you this post.
Enjoy it and take steps to follow it…
So, why have you created your blog? Why do you keep writing posts for your blog? If you are like most bloggers, your primary goal is to get free, unlimited amount of traffic and actually make money with your blog. Is that right?
Now, you have to realise that there are thousands of bloggers out there, also with the same objective as yours – to drive free, endless traffic to their blogs and ultimately make money.
So, you’ll need to optimise your blog for increased rankings and improved search engine results. You can gauge how your blog is doing by checking the PageRank and Alexa ranking of your blog. I have installed the Firefox SearchStatus plugin
on my computer to check my stats among other things.
Google uses a PageRank to determine the importance of a site. It’s one of many factors used to determine which pages appear in the search results. It runs from a scale of 1(poor) to 10 (excellent).
If you have a higher PageRank, then you will be seen as an authority and get priority over other sites. And that means more traffic to you!
Let’s take a look at some effective strategies that you can implement straight away to boost your blog rankings and grab the top spots in the search engines:
[Some of this advice I got from Katie Freiling of www.KatieFreiling.com]
1) Install the WordPress blog optimisation plugins – they make the process easier and can increase your rankings.
2) Related Posts – have you ever wondered about how other bloggers add related post titles at the end of their posts? Well, wonder no more! You can have the related posts show up at the end of your posts by installing the WordPress Related Posts plugin:
This plugin automatically generates a list of the related posts to your new post, using relevant tags. This will encourage your readers to stay on your blog and continue to read your other posts. You can choose a number of related posts you want to show up. Check out the related posts at the end of this post to see what I’m talking about
3) Use Internal Linking to promote your content. You can link from one post to another. Don’t be afraid to link to your previous posts, using the anchor text for the keywords that you want to get ranked for. This is great as you are in total control to create these links. The more links you use, the better the chances to increase your rankings!
4) Create Backlinks as they are a very important part of your plan to increase your blog rankings and attract more traffic to your blog. The more links to your blog, the more search engines are going to see that your content is popular and see you an authority. Simply put, the links are like votes and more votes will increase your blog rankings.
Encourage your readers to share your content and make it easier for them to do so, by placing the share buttons strategically on your blog.
5) Provide Value – of course, the above strategies mean nothing if you don’t produce quality content. The key is to be consistent with your blog posts and provide nothing but value. Otherwise you’ll lose your readers, get no votes, no backlinks to your blog and no higher rankings
How has this post helped you?
P.S If you enjoyed this post, make sure you enter your email address (TOP RIGHT COLUMN) to receive my post updates via e-mail, leave a comment below and share this with your friends and followers.
P.S Make Sure You Click Here To Get Access To Your Free Training!
- October 19, 2010 Blogging Tips- 7 Tips On How To Increase Your Blog Readers And Comments.
Do you have a blog with few or no readers? Are your blog posts without comments? Posting rich content regularly and not having people coming to read them can be very discouraging. The beauty of having a working blog is expressed in its ability to draw active readers and comments. Now, you can smile because below are simple but effective blogging tips on how to increase your blog readers and comments.
1. Find a loyal reader and commenter
Find someone who believes in you and […]
- November 2, 2010 Blogging Tips – 3 Primary Steps To Higher Rankings!
Hi! I read a great blog post that led me to an awesome report and I want to share it with you. If you have a blog or ever plan to have one you MUST read this report. I grabbed my own and I encourage you to do the same. First read this post by Mavis Nong. Enjoy and act on it!
I have just finished reading The Perpetual […]
- October 5, 2010 Blog Marketing -10 Effective ways to Market Your Blog
Do you have a blog with rich content but no or small number of readers? Having a blog with no one reading it can be very discouraging and disheartening. It is not enough to have a beautiful, well written blog; there is need for you to market it to attract readers and ultimately buyers if you have stuff to sell on your blog. If you need a change today, I present to you 10 simple but effective ways to market your blog.
In-house blog marketing
1. Enable SEO: SEO helps you to […]
- August 10, 2010 Blogging- A Marketing Strategy For Generating MLM Leads For Your Network Marketing Business
Blogging is a very cost-effective marketing strategy for generating traffic and MLM leads for network marketing business that only requires a bit of time and dedication. A blog is no more a mere online journal; it is also a money churner. If you want to increase your visibility and get in touch with your targeted audience, it is a good idea to blog.
Search engines love content and they love websites that change often. Blogging gives you a simple way to add content to your site. […]
- November 23, 2010 Genesis WordPress Theme Framework Review
Blogging is vital for any internet marketer. It gives you a base for your potential customers to get to know you and your business better. You can build your website or blog with blogger or WordPress but WordPress is preferred for business purposes. One framework I highly recommend for you to build your wordpress on is Genesis theme framework.
Genesis empowers you to quickly and easily build incredible websites with WordPress. Whether you’re a novice or advanced developer, Genesis […]
- August 26, 2010 Social Media Marketing Action Plan
Do you engage in social media marketing? Social media sites are great places to generate leads and to brand you as a leader. It is a place to add value to your audience and market your business. I was listening to Katie Freiling (http://katiefreiling.com) and she was sharing on how she uses social media to market her business and I thought to share it with you. She talked on the biggest mistakes on social media and the social media marketing action plan. These are listed […]
- August 31, 2010 7 Basic Blogging Tips You Cannot Afford To Ignore If You Want To Promote Your Blog Posts
Blogging as a marketing strategy cannot be over emphasized if you want to generate mlm leads for your network marketing business. But for you to generate these leads, your blog must have frequent and quality blog posts. And whatever your niche may be, you want people to read your posts and comment on them. To help you achieve these goals, I have listed the basic blogging tips to help you promote your blog post
How to promote your blog posts
1. Create catchy Keyword […]